Powercut

Held in a Powercut
Rain toppling over my roof,
The familiar 'tup taap',
'Tup taap', speeded up in this kalbaishakhi,
amidst all this confusion,
this wind fusion,
you remind me of July,
and I am reminded of you,
of all what is reminiscent of you,
I remember your smile,
that explosive laugh,
The broadest grin,
those popping eyes,
out in awe of the world,
skimming through pages,
racing through sums and algorithms,
and snorting at once when disturbed,

Now what??
you disturbed us now,
disturbed our motion,
stirred our slept emotions,

Our pace was always decided by the time,
But now for a moment,
just a moment,
you decided our pace...........

You stopped us...
From moving....




Comments

N.S.Kirti said…
A really soulful poem Ipsi. more so because i can relate with it. do write more poems, you are good at them :)
IRIDIUM said…
Thanks for the encouragement kirti, I will surely post more poems. Very few people encourage my endeavours, thanks for encouraging me. like your blog very much
N.S.Kirti said…
Hey ipsi dear, here is an award for you!!
http://versesfrommyheart.blogspot.in/2012/05/award-time.html
IRIDIUM said…
Thank you kirti cat!!!!!!! Its awesome!!!!!! check out you also got anaward back from me

Popular posts from this blog

The Black horse

The friends in my life

MY FIRST AWARD!!!!!